Years 7 and 8
In KS3, years 7and 8 all subjects are compulsory.
Years 9, 10 and 11
In Years 9, 10, and 11 arrangements are different, because whilst some subjects are compulsory, others are optional.
Core subjects provide a basic curriculum for all students. The following subjects are part of the core curriculum and lead to public examinations:
- Religious Education – one qualification completed at the end of Year 11
- English and English Literature – For most students – two qualifications completed at the end of Year 11
- Mathematics – one qualification completed at the end of Year 11
- Science – For some students; a double award, for some students; Biology, Chemistry and Physics separate GCSEs.
Students are also required to attend lessons in:
- Physical Education – There are no external examinations in this subject.
In addition to the core examination subjects of English, Mathematics, Science and R.E. studied throughout the three years, students will choose three examination subjects which will be examined in Year 11.
This choice will take part in Year 8. For information on optional subjects please follow the links below.
If you have a general enquiry about the content of our curriculum for each acedemic year, or other KS4 courses offered at Chatsmore, please contact Assistant Head – Mrs M. Statter.
If you have an enquiry about the content of a specific subject please contact the relevant subject leader.